Marameo is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988. This regulates how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Why we collect information
Gathering feedback and information from users about how they use the website helps us to provide the best possible experience on marameodesign.com. The information helps us to understand:
- how you use the website
- how you rate your experience
- whether you would recommend the site to others
In turn, we can build a better picture of users and deliver the relevant information, assistance, forms and services you need.
What information we collect
Clickstreams are the paths you take when navigating a website and the internet. When you visit marameodesign.com site, our servers may record the following information for statistical purposes:
- where you click, scroll or hover with your mouse
- your server (IP) address and machine name
- location details such as longitude, latitude, city, region and country
- the date and time you visited the site
- the top level domain name
- pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the number of bytes transmitted and received for each request
- the previous site or page visited
- search terms used
- the type of browser used
We examine this information to determine the traffic through the server and to specific pages or applications. This is so we can deliver better services. We also conduct statistical analysis to set priorities and allocate resources.
We will not identify users or their browsing activities.
A cookie is information in a small data file that a website sends to your browser when you access a website. The cookie is stored on your device, but cannot do anything to it. It helps coordinate your access to pages on the website. We cannot find out your name or email address, or anything about your computer, by using cookies.
We use Google Analytics to help improve the efficiency and usability of our website. Google Analytics gathers statistics about how people access and use our website. It anonymously tracks things like:
- your country
- which pages you visited on the site
- your IP address
Google stores this information and uses it to:
- evaluate use of our website
- compile report on website activity for website operators
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage
Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to by law, or where third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google Tag Manager
We use Google Tag Manager to improve the efficiency and usability of marameodesign.com by measuring traffic and visitor behaviour.
Google Tag Manager uses tags that allow us to:
- measure traffic and visitor behaviour
- understand the impact of online advertising and social channels
- use remarketing and audience targeting
- test and improve our site
If you wish to contact Google, you can find contact details on Google’s Contact us page.
Email addresses and other personal information
marameodesign.com will only record your email address and personal information if you supply it to us, either by sending a message or completing and submitting a form.
- add it to a mailing list unless you ask us to
- disclose or redistribute it unless we have your permission or we’re authorised or required by an Australian law, court or tribunal order
Collection of personal information
Personally identifiable information about you is collected only when you knowingly and voluntarily submit it to us. It may be used for acknowledgement and training purposes or future reference unless we disclose other uses in this Privacy Statement or at the time of collection.
If you provide us with your email address, it will not be added to any other mailing list or disclosed without your consent.
When you sign up to marameodesign.com email subscriptions, the information you provide will be available to Marameo and to the email service we use.
We’ll use the information you provide to send you relevant emails.