Centre for Veterinary Education (CVE) is the world’s first and leading organisation to provide continuing education and professional development for veterinarians and allied professionals.
Veterinarians worldwide use the platform to manage their membership subscription, buy books and digital downloads, register for conferences and workshops, enrol in distance education courses and watch resources in the new video library.
The CVE back-office runs entirely on iMIS (software designed to help associations manage relationships amongst its members and facilitate the administrative tasks) and we needed to implement a complete integration between Drupal 7/Commerce and iMIS.
The biggest part of this project was to rewrite the existing Drupal 6 code to suit the new Drupal 7 requirements. Few of the functionalities integrated between the two systems are:
- User registration: users that register in Drupal get synced in iMIS
- Contact syncing: a full profile sync is triggered every time a user logs in or manually triggered by the CVE staff. This includes role assignments, to manage content only available to members.
- Events and Products sync: Events/Products created in iMIS get sync to Drupal – edited by the staff and published it. Pricing (coming from iMIS functions) and the whole registration/buying process is handled by the custom module, integrated then with Commerce for the checkout process.
- Invoices: Users are able to view invoices generated by iMIS in their user account/financial informations
- Shipping: Based on user shipping address – the shipping calculations are handled by iMIS and integrated back to Commerce.
Back on the Drupal 6 platform, staff had to juggle with HTML (tables) to create layouts for their events and products. They were given a simple body field and a WYSIWYG at their disposal, which required time and much frustration to use.
Leveraging all the fields types available out of the box in Drupal 7, we built all the content types so that CVE staff only has to insert copy and images, without worrying about layout or HTML.
- Video Library: based on node access and video field we created a categorised central repository for CVE videos. Some videos have members only access.
- Virtual Abattoir: a combination of Book and Quiz module, the Virtual Abattoir is an education resources for veterinary students.
- CVE Library: based on Solr search and feed, we migrated the existing CVE library with more than 15000 articles from SciQuest (Drupal 6 platform).
- Practice functionalities: now practices can manage professionals linked to their organisation and enrol them into courses/workshops/conferences.
- Ux Design Consultancy
- Responsive Design
- Web Development
- Drupal Development
- Drupal – iMIS Integration
- Drupal Commerce – iMIS Integration
- Custom Modules
- Ongoing Support